WordPress is one of the most popular Content Management System (CMS) software in the world. The platform has a very SEO-friendly framework and performs equally effective on all kinds of devices. With that, the website is very beneficial for startups and big businesses alike for reasons like it being very reasonably priced, enhanced security features, and impressive usability aspects.
Notably, WordPress powers over 30% of total websites running on the internet at this very moment. That means one out of every 3 websites that you come across is probably built on WordPress. The number in itself is a strong testimony that speaks for itself as to why this is one of the most trusted web development framework ever.
Let us first understand what precisely is WordPress – It is a Content Management System software, written in PHP that facilitates users in creating and publishing content on the Worldwide web. The unique aspects of WordPress development services like their highly customizable plugin architecture and diverse template system make it very popular among developers.
Going forward, let us discuss some of the inescapable reasons that will compel you to hire WordPress developer for your next website development:
One of the best aspects of WordPress is its affordability. All you need to pay for is your domain name, server hosting, and the theme you would like to use. And voila! You are good to go. WordPress, however, does have some premium services that are reasonable if you look at the return on investment.
2) High focus on User Experience
The basic framework of this CMS is developed in a way that it automatically takes care of the User Experience of the website is a fantastic way. The themes and the plugins, both work beautifully in sync with each other. Therefore, unless you actually mess up – most of the time, you will come up with a product that has the highest of usability and aesthetics. However, if you do fear to jumble with the theme and plugins, it is worth it to hire WordPress expert for the job.
3) SEO- Most friendly CMS
Webpages built on WordPress have the biggest advantage in terms of being able to play with the SEO at its optimum. Here are a few things that make it best-fit for WordPress:
- Permalinks – WordPress gives you a choice to edit the URLs, unlike other CMSs. That way, you can include the target keywords in the URL. That will highly optimize the URL for the bots.
- Metadata Management – Search engine bots read the metadata to understand the relevance on your website, and what is it all about. Hence, it is of extreme importance for any website to ensure their meta is correctly displaying the core of the website. WordPress offers a huge number of plugins, using which, even a non-techie can readily add, edit, and update the meta of the site.
- Image Optimization – WordPress allows you to easily add alt text to images, as well as resize them correctly in order to ensure that the massive files do not impact the upload time of your website negatively. Many plugins can automatically generate the alt text for the images, as well.
- XML Sitemap – Creating complicated XML sitemaps for your WordPress website is very easy. It helps the bots in readily reaching out to all the internal pages of your website, making it more search engine friendly and increasing the possibility of these pages to rank for the target keywords.
4) Never bother about slow upload of the website
WordPress boasts of plugins that can help your website speed up the upload time. These plugins do things like compressing the images, clearing the database, and caching the site. All these impressively improve the time taken for the website to load. Apparently, upload time is also one of the criteria for Google while ranking pages. Besides, there is nothing that bothers the visitors more than the slow loading speed. All this is duly sorted when you are making your website on WordPress.
The Mobile-first world, you can’t be a productive business if your website is not performing on the little devices equally effectively. When you develop your website with WordPress, you do not have to take any extra effort for this. Most of the WordPress themes are optimized for mobile phones already.
6) Security and Backup
WordPress websites have advanced security features that keep it safe for any possibility of being hacked. In today’s world, where cybercrime is on the rise, this one is tackled, efficiently when you choose WordPress. With that, WordPress has competent systems for keeping the backup of the files and content of your website safe. Hence, this aspect is sorted too.
Major websites like Facebook news, Vogue, and TechCrunch use WordPress as their platform for its scalability and sustainability. The platform is one of the best to go for if you are a startup looking to make a mark in the market or are an established platform, looking to sustain the rising competition.